Westwood South of

Santa Monica Blvd.

Homeowners Association

City Services


This website is out of date and serves as an archive.



Residents may access information and any non-emergency service by calling 311. The 311 call center is equipped to serve the hearing impaired and information is available in more than 150 languages.


City of Los Angeles Bulky Item Collection Program

In an effort to keep our neighborhood clean and free of illegal dumping, we encourage you to recycle your bulky items through charitable organizations and thrift stores:

Goodwill Industries of So. California, (323) 223-1211; The Society of St. Vincent De Paul, (323) 224-6280; LA Shares, (213) 485-1097; Central City Neighborhood Partners, (213) 482-8618; Pueblo Nuevo, (213) 483-1178; The Salvation Army, (562) 218-2355.  Many non-profit organizations in the area operate re-sale or thrift shops that generate much-needed funds for community service programs.  In exchange for your donation, you will receive a statement to document your gift for income tax deduction purposes.  Donors are typically allowed by the IRS to deduct the FAIR MARKET VALUE of any charitable donations given to recognized 501(c)(3) non profit organizations.  Local shops include:  American Cancer Society Discovery Shops, American Council of Jewish Women Thrift Shop. Out of the Closet, UCLA Thrift Shop.  Recycling your gently used merchandise can be a win-win situation for all and will keep large items out of our landfills where space is at a premium.  Some charities will pick up your donations and others require that you drop them off.

If you are unable to make a donation or if your item is not in condition to be sold (don't try to donate things that should be going to the trash), the City's Bureau of Sanitation (BOS) will pick-up your large or bulky household items, such as mattresses, worn or broken couches, stoves, refrigerators, water heaters, and other furniture from all residents serviced by the City of Los Angeles at no additional charge.  Metal recyclers will also take your METAL discards such as appliances for no charge to you. 

To arrange to have these items removed from your curbside, by the City, please call 1-800-773-2489, from Monday through Friday, between 7:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m., at least one day before your regular collection day. Bulky items are collected on the day of your regular trash collection day.

Please have an itemized list ready when calling in your request. You may also send your request for bulky item pick-up by going to the web address below. Fill out and submit a Service Request form. The Service Request Form takes two days to be processed. The City does not collect automotive parts, construction materials, commercial materials, hazardous materials, e-waste or cardboard. Los Angeles Municipal Code 66.25 does not allow the illegal dumping of construction and demolition materials/debris, yard waste, or household trash.

Please visit the website and read the Move In/Move Out service description:
For more information, call the Customer Service Call Center:
T.F. (800) 773-2489
Ctx (213) 473-4180
TDD (213) 473-4112


HAZARDOUS MATERIALS such as paints, batteries, old televisions, computers, monitors, electronic waste, medications, etc. can be taken to the UCLA Hazardous Waste Recycling Center. 

Make a free website with Yola